Pages

Friday, December 10, 2021

Digital Technologies - Insult-a-bot / Compliment bot

For the last few weeks in DTE, we were tasked to choose a project that had something to do with the skills we have learned throughout the year.
 
The members of my group were Cody, Saia, and Chris. After some planning, we decided to use our coding skills to make a robot that can complement/insult you based on which mode you choose.

We split up the work into two teams, Saia and Cody worked on making the box that contained the bot, and Chris and I worked on the code. 

At first, we wanted to upload code onto the Arduino and use motion-sensing but we eventually realized that would not work so we went with the coding on scratch with my Chromebook and used the makey makey as buttons.

Since only one person could work on the code I just worked on it and Chris helped out Saia and Cody.
I made a lot of errors with the code at first and broke it a lot but eventually got it to work. I do think it would of made it easier if I had someone else to help me code so next time I would probably code with something other than scratch that could have multiple people doing it at the same time.

I do think we could have been a bit more efficient without time but I do think we did somewhat accomplish what we wanted.

 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about