Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Show don't tell

Show don't tell

Re-write these sentences to show not tell:

The buildings were tall - as I looked up at the buildings my eyes were blinding by the shining sun.

Sarah was really upset - tears started to roll down Sarah's melancholy face.

She was so happy to see him - her face was filled with a grin as she saw him.

The lake was beautiful - the water sparkled as the ducks swam down the shiny lake.

My own show don't tell: the sky was beautiful  - my eyes lit up as I looked at the bright blue void.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about