Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Art Kete

Art Kete

For the past 3 weeks in Wananga, we have been working on projects for our cultural art kete. 

In the beginning, I was quite confused as to what I should make, but then I came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a clay model of me sitting on a Persian rug because I am half Iranian and half New Zealander.

The Process

1. I made the rug and carved some patterns into it.

2. I began to make out the legs and torso.

3. I made the head and arms.

4. I created the eyes, mouth, and hair.

←Here is a rough sketch of what I was aiming to make.





Sadly after I left it to dry when I got it back it turned out I had not given enough support for the arms, legs, head, and hair so they had all fallen off. If I were to do this again I would most likely focus more on the support of the structure of the figure than the detail of the figure.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you learnt what not to do when making a clay figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about